Terms of Service
Terms of Service
1. STORED GOODS: Boxbee Co., doing business as and referred to in these Terms and Conditions as “Boxbee” shall store and service CUSTOMER’S goods identified in accordance with the attached CUSTOMER profile (“Stored Goods”). CUSTOMER and Boxbee may modify or add to the Stored Goods included in the CUSTOMER Profile. Such additional goods shall, unless otherwise indicated in writing, be deemed to be held under the same terms and conditions as the Stored Goods and will, from the date of tendering for storage to Boxbee, be deemed Stored Goods as the term is used herein.
2. OWNERSHIP OF GOODS: CUSTOMER warrants and represents that it is the owner or legal custodian of the Stored Goods and has the lawful possession of and legal right and authority to store all of the Stored Goods in accordance with the terms and conditions set forth; and if Boxbee becomes liable for any claim, damages or other liability concerning the Stored Goods, CUSTOMER agrees to pay all related attorney’s fees and expenses and all such claims, damages or other liabilities. Boxbee shall have a lien on the Stored Goods for all storage and other charges and for such costs and expenses.
3. ACCEPTANCE: This Agreement is valid and enforceable without Customer signature when the CUSTOMER has placed an order with Boxbee or provided Stored Goods to Boxbee.
4.1. RATES: CUSTOMER agrees to pay Boxbee for its services according to Boxbee’s then current Schedule of Rates (prices as stated on website at time of purchase), and any revisions thereto. Monthly rates shall be due in advance. Rates may be changed upon thirty (30) days’ notice to CUSTOMER. For goods received during a month or stored for a portion of a month, charges will be assessed according to the Schedule of Rates. Additional charges, if any, shall be paid simultaneously with the monthly rates.
4.2. Minimum TERM: The minimum term of rental is one week. The minimum term of storage is six months (“Minimum Term”). Boxbee shall not deliver or allow CUSTOMER to pick up Stored Goods unless all charges are paid in full, including storage fees, delivery charges and any other charges due prior to the end of the Minimum Term.
5. TERMS OF PAYMENT: Our payment terms for rental orders are payment in full at the time an order is placed. All major Credit/Debit cards are acceptable methods of payment. Any additional payments due after the original payment, including, but not limited to, redelivery or pickup charges, drop off or pickup stair fees, or replacement cost for lost or damaged Products will be assessed on the original form of payment. Payments for storage and other charges are due and payable on the date of initial crate or box delivery and on the same date of each succeeding month thereafter. If no crates or boxes are delivered, the effective date will be the date of initial pickup of CUSTOMER goods. Where goods are placed in or allowed to remain in storage for a fraction of a month, a full month’s storage will be charged.
6. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY:
6.1. BOXBEE SHALL BE LIABLE ONLY FOR ITS FAILURE TO USE ORDINARY CARE AND THEN ONLY TO THE VALUE SET FORTH BELOW IN SECTION 6.2. BOXBEE IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY LOSS, DAMAGE, OR DESTRUCTION, INCLUDING ANY MECHANICAL MALFUNCTION, TO STORED GOODS CAUSED BY NEGLIGENT ACTS OR OMISSIONS OF THE CUSTOMER OR OTHER SUCH CIRCUMSTANCES BEYOND THE CONTROL OF BOXBEE, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, NATURAL DETERIORATION, TEMPERATURE, DAMPNESS OF ATMOSPHERE, FIRE, SPRINKLER LEAKAGE, INHERENT DEFECT OF THE STORED GOODS, ACTS OF WAR OR CIVIL UNREST, INSURRECTION, STRIKES, SEIZURE OR LEGAL PROCESS, LABOR TROUBLES, RIOTS, EARTH QUAKE, NATURAL DISASTERS, OR ACTS OF GOD (EACH A “FORCE MAJEURE EVENT”). BOXBEE SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR DAMAGE TO FRAGILE ARTICLES (ARTICLES SUSCEPTIBLE TO BREAKAGE OR CRUSHING) THAT ARE NOT BOTH PACKED AND UNPACKED BY ITS EMPLOYEES, CONTRACTORS OR AGENTS AND, IN ANY EVENT, BOXBEE’S LIABILITY SHALL BE LIMITED AS SET FORTH HEREIN. BOXBEE DOES NOT REPRESENT OR WARRANT THAT ANY WAREHOUSE FACILITY IS FIREPROOF OR THAT THE CONTENTS OF THE WAREHOUSE FACILITY, INCLUDING THE STORED GOODS, CANNOT BE DESTROYED BY FIRE. BOXBEE SHALL NOT BE REQUIRED TO PROVIDE A WATCHMAN AND FAILURE TO PROVIDE A WATCHMAN SHALL NOT CONSTITUTE NEGLIGENCE OF BOXBEE. IN NO EVENT SHALL BOXBEE BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL OR SIMILAR TYPES OF DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, LOSS OF USE, LOST PROFITS, REPLACEMENT, RECONSTRUCTION OR RESTORATION, REGARDLESS OF THE CAUSE OR THE FORM OF CLAIM AND REGARDLESS OF WHETHER SUCH DAMAGES WERE FORESEEABLE.
6.2. CUSTOMER HEREBY DECLARES THE VALUE OF STORED GOODS TO BE $0.60/LB FOR STORED GOODS (“DECLARED VALUE”). CUSTOMER UNDERSTANDS AND AGREES THAT BOXBEE’S LIABILITY FOR ANY AND ALL CLAIMS HEREUNDER IS LIMITED TO THIS DECLARED VALUE UNLESS OTHERWISE AGREED UPON IN WRITING.
6.3 Stored Goods are not insured by Boxbee. If excess valuation is desired beyond the Declared Value, CUSTOMER must request excess valuation coverage and Boxbee must agree to provide such excess valuation coverage in writing at the time of order creation. In the event Boxbee agrees to provide such excess valuation coverage, the limits of such coverage shall be deemed to be the Declared Value for purposes of Section
6.4 CUSTOMER understands and acknowledges that normal deterioration and aging of Stored Goods occurs with time.
6.5 Claims by CUSTOMER for any loss, damage, or destruction must be presented in writing to Boxbee within a reasonable time and in no event longer than thirty (30) days after the earlier to occur of: (a) CUSTOMER knows or should have known of such loss damage or destruction; and (b) delivery of the Stored Goods that are the subject of the claim (“Notice Date”).
6.6 No claim may be maintained by CUSTOMER or others against Boxbee for loss, damage or destruction of the Stored Goods by Boxbee pursuant to this Agreement, unless CUSTOMER provides Boxbee with written notice of the claim prior to the Notice Date, and unless such claim is commenced within nine months after the Notice Date.
7. SERVICES TO STORED GOODS: Services required of Boxbee are limited to storage, packing, handling, moving and shipping, and Boxbee does not accept responsibility for any additional attention or service. Should Boxbee, however, in its sole discretion, determine that moth-treating, fumigation, or otherwise treating or handling all or a portion of the Stored Goods is necessary for the protection of the Stored Goods, it may render such additional service and add its charge therefore to the amount payable by the CUSTOMER.
8. DELIVERY AND ACCESS TO GOODS:
8.1 Stored Goods will be ready for delivery or access during regular working days, on at least 48 business hours notice from the CUSTOMER or any authorized person (s) identified on the CUSTOMER PROFILE or any person Boxbee reasonably believes to have authority to act on behalf of CUSTOMER. CUSTOMER represents that the authorized person (s) has/have full authority to order any service for or removal of the Stored Goods and to deliver and receive such Stored Goods. Such order may be given through the website, by telephone, email or in writing.
8.2 When Stored Goods are ordered out, Boxbee shall be given a reasonable time to carry out said instructions, and if it is delayed or unable to do so (or to provide any other service herein contemplated) because of a Force Majeure Event or because of loss or destruction of Stored Goods for which Boxbee is not liable, or because of any other excuse provided by law, Boxbee shall not be liable for any delay or failure to carry out such instructions or services.
8.3 Boxbee reserves the right to deny access to or delivery of the Stored Goods until such time as CUSTOMER has cured any Default under this Agreement.
8.4 CUSTOMER will not be allowed to access the Boxbee warehouse.
8.5 Boxbee shall not be liable to CUSTOMER by delivering Stored Goods to any person representing him or herself as a person named on the CUSTOMER PROFILE.
8.6 Cancellation: For a full refund, cancellations must be made a full 48 hours prior to the earliest original requested drop off date and time. Cancellation notification can be via email or other form of written notice. We reserve the right to levy the greater of $30, or a 25% charge, for orders cancelled without the 48 hours’ notice.
9. TERM: Unless sooner terminated as provided herein, the term of this Agreement shall continue until CUSTOMER gives Boxbee notice of termination on the Boxbee website, or by email or written notice.
10. ASSIGNMENT: No rights, liabilities or obligations of CUSTOMER under this Agreement can be assigned without the express written consent of Boxbee, which Boxbee may withhold at its discretion. Until such express written consent is granted by Boxbee, CUSTOMER remains fully liable under this Agreement.
11.1 The occurrence of any one or more of the following events shall constitute default (“Events of Default”):
a. Failure to pay any sum due hereunder within fifteen (15) days of when due; or
b. Breach of any provisions of this Agreement.
11.2 Upon the occurrence of any of the Events of Default, Boxbee, at its sole option, may exercise any or all of the following remedies without terminating the agreement:
a. Failure to pay any sum due hereunder within fifteen (15) days of when due; or
b. Deliver the Stored Goods to the Delivery Address, if specified, and if not, to CUSTOMER’S address. Delivery of Stored Goods to CUSTOMER shall be at CUSTOMER’S sole cost and expense and payment of all outstanding storage, handling and delivery charges will be prepaid;
c. Sell the Stored Goods as provided for in Section 12;
d. Terminate this Agreement, whereupon Boxbee shall recover all costs and damages suffered by reason of such termination; or
e. Exercise any and all rights available to Boxbee under law or at equity.
11.3 In the event Boxbee exercises any of its available rights or remedies, it shall have no liability to CUSTOMER or anyone claiming through CUSTOMER. The exercise by Boxbee of any one or more of the remedies provided in this Agreement shall not prevent the subsequent exercise by Boxbee of any one or more of the other remedies herein provided. All remedies provided for in this Agreement are cumulative and may, at the election of Boxbee, be exercised alternatively, successively or in any other manner and are in addition to any of the rights provided by law. Boxbee shall be entitled to recover all reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs incurred in connection with the enforcement of this Agreement.
12. WAREHOUSEMAN’S LIEN: This Agreement, the terms and conditions stated herein, the schedule of rates as stated on the website at time of purchase, the CUSTOMER profile, and any other attached schedules or addendums shall collectively constitute a Warehouse Receipt. Boxbee shall have a lien upon the Stored Goods, or on the proceeds thereof in its hand for all lawful charges for storage and preservation of interest, transportation, labor, wrapping, coopering, crating and all other charges and expenses in relation to the Stored Goods, or any part thereof, and also for all reasonable charges and expenses for notice and advertisement of sale, and for the sale of the property where default has been made in satisfying Boxbee’s lien, pursuant to the Uniform Commercial Code of California. Boxbee may enforce the lien at any time either by public or private sale of the Stored Goods without a judicial hearing. This lien shall not prevent Boxbee from exercising any other remedies it may have, nor shall enforcement of the lien provided for in this Section bar Boxbee’s right to recover so much of its claim as is not paid from the proceeds of a foreclosure sale. If Customer notifies Boxbee in writing that Customer is a member of the military, then Boxbee agrees to follow the requirements of applicable law regarding Boxbee’s enforcement of any liens.
13. RELOCATION OF STORED GOODS: Boxbee reserves the right to relocate Stored Goods to another Boxbee or contracted warehouse facility within a 50-mile radius without advance notification to CUSTOMER. Such relocation shall not interfere with Boxbee’s enforcement of its lien rights.
14. INDEMNIFICATION: Unless caused by the gross negligence of Boxbee, CUSTOMER agrees to fully indemnify, defend and hold harmless Boxbee and its Affiliates and its and theirs officers, employees, contractors and agents for any liability, cost or expense, including reasonable attorney’s fees and costs, that Boxbee may incur as a result of any claims, demands, costs or judgments against it arising out of its relations with CUSTOMER or third parties pursuant to this Agreement.
15.1 CUSTOMER agrees to comply with the Standard Storage Operating Procedures of Boxbee, a copy of which CUSTOMER acknowledges has been provided by Boxbee in the form of FAQ’s on the website.
15.2 CUSTOMER shall not, at any time, store with Boxbee, any narcotics, materials considered to be highly flammable, explosive, toxic, radioactive, organic material, which may attract vermin or insects, or any other materials which are otherwise illegal, dangerous and unsafe to store or handle in an enclosed area. Boxbee reserves the right to open and inspect any Stored Goods tendered from storage and refuse acceptance of any goods, which, in Boxbee’s sole discretion, fail to comply with Boxbee’s storage restrictions and guidelines.
15.3 CUSTOMER acknowledges that from time-to-time, the Boxbee website will be unavailable or offline, in which case Boxbee will not be liable to CUSTOMER for any delays in performance.
15.4 Boxbee’s delivery services may not be available on Saturdays, Sundays, US bank holidays or other dates as determined by Boxbee.
15.5 Boxbee will endeavor to provide two day delivery services, but CUSTOMER acknowledges that such service may not be available.
15.6 Customer acknowledges that deliveries outside Boxbee’s standard delivery area may not be available and will be performed at Boxbee’s sole discretion. If performed, this delivery will be priced at Boxbee’s then-current rate schedule and CUSTOMER agrees to pay such rates.
15.7 CUSTOMER agrees to be responsible for paying Boxbee’s missed pickup or delivery charge based on Boxbee’s then-current rate schedule.
15.8 If CUSTOMER fails to return or damages any Boxbee supplies or equipment, CUSTOMER agrees to reimburse Boxbee for any such items at Boxbee’s then-current rate schedule.
15.9 CUSTOMER acknowledges that Boxbee reserves the right to reject any item that it deems too large or heavy to safely transport and store.
15.10 CUSTOMER or an authorized representative over 18 years of age must be at the pickup or delivery location in order to receive or send for delivery any Stored Goods.
15.11 In the event CUSTOMER fails to return to Boxbee in good working condition any equipment provided by Boxbee including, without limitation, any moving equipment, CUSTOMER agrees to pay Boxbee for the replacement cost of any such equipment.
16. CONFIDENTIALITY: Boxbee shall exercise that degree of care in safeguarding deposits entrusted to it by CUSTOMER, which a reasonable and careful storage provider would exercise with respect to similar goods of its own, provided; however, that liability of Boxbee to CUSTOMER shall be limited as set forth in this Agreement.
17. CHANGE OF ADDRESS: Notice of any change of address of CUSTOMER must be given by CUSTOMER to Boxbee on the Boxbee website, email, or written notice.
18. MISCELLANEOUS: The term “Agreement” includes and incorporates the stated terms and conditions, schedule of rates on website at time of purchase, Customer Profile, and any and all schedules and addendums. This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between the parties, and supersedes any and all prior agreements, arrangements and understandings, whether oral or written, between the parties. CUSTOMER acknowledges and agrees that Boxbee may utilize subcontractors selected and approved by Boxbee. Boxbee shall be entitled to assign this Agreement upon written notice provided to CUSTOMER. CUSTOMER acknowledges and agrees that Boxbee may utilize the services of companies that are owned by, that own or that are under common control with, Boxbee (“Affiliates”). CUSTOMER further acknowledges and agrees that all Boxbee benefits and protections set forth in this Agreement, including, without limitation, Section 6, apply to both Boxbee and its Affiliates. No modification of this Agreement shall be binding unless in writing, attached hereto, and signed by the party against which it is sought to be enforced. No waiver of any right or remedy shall be effective unless in writing and nevertheless, shall not operate as a waiver of any other right or remedy on a future occasion. Every provision of this Agreement is intended to be severable. If any term or provision is illegal, invalid or unenforceable, there shall be added automatically as part of this Agreement, a provision as similar in terms as necessary to render such provision legal, valid and enforceable. This Agreement shall be construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California without giving affect to its conflict of laws principle. All notices under this Agreement shall be in writing. Unless delivered personally, all notices shall be addressed to the appropriate addressee noted herein, or as otherwise noted in writing in accordance with this provision. Notices shall be deemed to have been given on the second day after mailing if mailed by U.S. First Class Mail. All words and phrases in this Agreement shall be construed to include the singular or plural number, and the masculine, feminine or neutral gender, as the context requires. Nothing in this Agreement shall be deemed or construed to constitute or create a partnership, association, joint venture, or agency between the parties hereto.
19. ARBITRATION – Any dispute, controversy or claim arising out of this Agreement or in connection with the Stored Goods, whether founded in tort or contract, shall be submitted to arbitration under the Commercial Arbitration Rules of the American Arbitration Association (AAA) and heard at the AAA office in San Diego, California. The award may be entered as a judgment of a court of record in the county of San Diego. Boxbee and CUSTOMER shall share equally the cost of arbitration. The arbitrator may not vary, modify or disregard the provisions contained herein, including those respecting the declared valuation of the Stored Goods and the limitation of liability of Boxbee